All You Need To Know If You Want To Pursue A Career As A Beauty Therapist
Everyone desires to look beautiful and to make this achievable in today’s world we consult a beauty therapist. A beauty therapist makes you feel beautiful inside and out using a variety of beauty treatments and techniques. They provide various treatments as per the client’s needs. They also recommend appropriate products and aftercare tips.
To get beauty therapist jobs, you need to get a professional training in beauty services. You should have proper knowledge to deal with the equipment and work with minimal supervision.
The basic services of beauty therapist job include waxing, skin and body treatment, nail services, makeup skills, facials, body massage and microdermabrasion.
Some beauty therapists choose to specialize in a particular stream of treatment such as:
- Therapeutic body massage
- Lymphatic drainage
- Glycolic peels and facials
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting.
Key skills required
- Neat personal appearance
- Good communication skills
- Mature minded
- Pleasant and tactful
- Good hand and eye coordination
- Sensitive while dealing with clients
Daily task performed
They perform a variety of task in the course of working days
- Preforming skin analysis and advising the clients about skin and body care tips
- Lash and brow treatment.
- Applying makeup and advising clients on makeup application techniques.
- Making appointments, maintaining client records and handling financial transactions.
- Selling and providing advice on cosmetic and skin care products.
- There is a huge demand for beauty therapists in cosmetic companies of all sizes. You can work in big companies or even at the retail stores. If you have entrepreneur qualities, you could even think of starting your own private salon.
- If you do the diploma course in beauty therapy, then you will also be trained for planning and running small businesses. It will help you in widening your earning scopes as an entrepreneur.
- In addition to beauty therapist jobs, you can also move into parallel career options as a spa specialist. Here, you will be trained to use a wide range of equipment for providing massage and relief treatments for muscles and bones.
A career as beauty therapist offers flexibility in terms of location and working hours, but you will need to be available at times that suit your clients. You will also need to work on your listening skills, so that you can also promote or up-sell other related products. Your skills as a therapist can be utilised to find satisfying career options in diverse fields.Posted on: March 13, 2017Paige78